Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Top Question

Yay! My first fashion question:

Q.
"I have a petite curvy figure with a fairly large bust. In the summer, I often wear camisoles and bustier tops, but hate the way they make me look too full on top. What kind of summer top would look best on me?"
- Jen, NYC

A.
This is a problem I can completely relate to!!! I have the exact same issue myself. What I have found after trial and error is that the best summer tops for me are high neck halter tops because they hug my curves (cinching my waist and showing off my shape) while also holding the bust in and containing the boob spillage that usually accompanies my wearing of bustier tops or scoop neck camisoles.

Check out this (embarrassing) picture of myself that I HATE, which shows why large busted ladies should save bustier style tops for either burlesque or the bedroom (yes, even Instant Stylist has occasional lapses in judgment -- learn from my mistakes!):


Now here is the kind of high neck halter top that I would suggest for Jen (and for myself):

No comments: