Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cure for Wardrobe Burn Out!


I was doing my daily check of one of my favorite blogs, The Sartorialist, when I happened upon the daily post for today (Tuesday June 23, 2010) depicting a cool cleaning lady with dread locks and piercings looking absolutely stunning in her 'institution' aqua-hued uniform while cleaning at Pitti Uomo in Florence (of course, even the cleaning crew would be stylish in Florence!).

One of the comments to this post mentioned this year-long fundraising project, The Uniform Project, where a woman wears the same black dress every single day for a year and is photographed in it each day. To keep it interesting, she styles the dress 365 different ways using scarves, belts, collars, vests, wraps, shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc. You can get a video flash of all 365 styles on the website, which is cool and very inspiring. It goes a little fast (I wish it would slow down so I could really examine each look), but is so inspiring.

It really gets you thinking about how you can use accessories to create various looks out of what you already have. I do this all the time, but seeing this video really got me thinking even more creatively. I think it would help anyone appreciate the power of accessories.

Check it out and if it inspires you to try something new, leave a comment or email me a pic at instantstylist@gmail.com.

No comments: